Sunday 20 January 2013

Begin and you will find out.

So it's been a year since my last post and where am I now ? Firstly, I left my art course. This is good and bad, there are parts I miss but it is mainly a positive leap forward. I could not justify the indulgence of wasting so much time and printer ink. Even if it was often enjoyable.

The catalyst was a combination of my course tutor Louise, quite suddenly relapsing and dying of cancer, aged just 48 and her numerous replacements beginning to initiate the students into the land of "artspeak" (shudder). I have already lived over forty years mooching about and I need to be busy painting. I have taken too long to realise a simple truth. To be a painter you need to pick up a brush and paint, and endeavor to put the education of life's experience out and through it's tip.

Ultimately, the course has served a valuable purpose. I am now painting almost daily, as family life allows, and feel like I have gone through a major personal breakthrough that enables me to get on with my work. I have numerous canvasses prepared so that when I get stuck on one, or need to wait for the paint to dry to a more workable consistency, I can be working on another.  I have no more time to waste.


"There are beautiful wild forces within us.
Let them turn the mills inside
and fill
sacks
that feed even heaven."
– St. Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment